This book is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with all the information you need to get started with mapping using the OpenLayers 3 library.
The book starts off by showing you how to create a simple map. Through the course of the book, we will review each component needed to make a map in OpenLayers 3, and you will end up with a full-fledged web map application. You will learn the key role of each OpenLayers 3 component in making a map, and important mapping principles such as projections and layers. You will create your own data files and connect to backend servers for mapping. A key part of this book will also be dedicated to building a mapping application for mobile devices and its specific components.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build a complete, real-world OpenLayers application optimized for production use
- Work with different raster data sources to create a base map
- Overlay vector data sources and work with vector features directly
- Customize the appearance of vector layers
- Understand the concept of map projections and how to use them
- Manage and work with interactions such as click and touch
- Work with controls to enhance the user experience
- Target mobile platforms and explore challenges presented by mobile development